Things I THINK I Know About Entrepreneurship and Making Money Online
And I have had my ups and my downs, and sometimes I felt like I was unstoppable and money flowed to me freely and effortlessly, and other times I felt like I was starting over and back at square one.
But in total, I wouldn’t really change a thing as I have enjoyed learning about and experimenting with business over all these years. Plus I’ve been blessed to have fun, have a purpose outside my job, and make good money along the way.
And unlike a more traditional blog post, I thought I’d make a list of what I THINK I have learned over all these years, not juts on my own but by learning from and watching hundreds of other entrepreneurs go through similar experiences, and hopefully some of these things can help you on your own journey to make money online.
My thoughts on Entrepreneurship in no particular order, but numbered so you can reference a specific one:
- There is NO GET RICH quick
- Related to the last one – everything of value takes time and hard work
- The people who make the most money are often the ones forging a new path or doing something others didn’t think of. Not necessarily an invention, but others didn’t think you could get millions of website visitors for free for example until someone did it
- Related to the last note – if you are following a known step by step approach, even from one of my courses, it may get you from zero to one, but you won’t truly make a ton of money until you improvise on the original plan and find something new on your own
- I have often felt like I was too late to get into something (like podcasts, importing and FBA, etc) and it turned out that was just an excuse not to take action because later I’d find out people started EVEN LATER than when I thought I was too late and they crushed it
- If you are trying to make money form the start it is harder to actually make money, it’s OK to invest some money to learn, experiment, and get data on what it would take to succeed, even if you lose money in the short term
- To be successful, you don’t have to think it will work, but you can’t think it WON’T work! It’s OK to work on something and not know whether it will work out, but if you have the attitude that it won’t, then it won’t. Period.
- Be patient, give yourself some time. Don’t expect immediate results (especially if you are blogging, just do good work for a year then evaluate whether or not it’s working)
- Working a day job is just crummy and a scam. You aren’t building anything for yourself, you are helping make someone else rich!
- There are basically 2 types of people, those who respond and react to what life gives them, and those who go out and create what they want. Be the one who tries to create what you want.
- When I hear about how other entrepreneurs have found way of making money, I am no longer surprised by how many different ways there are to make money. People are making money doing things you probably didn’t think possible until you meet them. That’s why you need to get creative
- Related to the last one – the more I learned about a specific business model in entrepreneurship – the less effective I was at making a lot of money because I ended up thinking and acting like everyone else. Blaze a new path
- My most successful idea was based on me NOT KNOWING how hard or impossible it seemed at first and just doing it anyway. Worked for ~17-18 years too!
- With social media today, everyone can have an audience of 1,000 true fans for a topic they are an expert in, and those fans will be willing to pay you for your hard work and knowledge in a certain area
- If you are thinking about entrepreneurship more than taking action, you are just pacifying your self. TAKE ACTION
- It takes too long to make things work to work on anything you don’t enjoy
- Join or start a mastermind with like minded people who want to also learn how to make money online. Share your best stuff with them and they will do the same
- Everything you hear about entrepreneurship is probably possible, it’s just not as easy as you hear
- People with less talent, less education, and less experience than YOU are crushing it making money online because they take action, learn what works, and keep at it
- You probably know something right now that other people would be willing to pay you to learn
- I was given too much intelligence, talent, and desire to ONLY work a day job the rest of my life!