The Best Sales and Marketing Techniques from my Mastermind
So here is a mash up from my notes of the best advice I have received related to advertising. Sometimes my notes are just not that complete but I think you will get the idea.
Lewis Howes – Viral Advertising
Title or headline examples:
- Before you celebrate your birthday, watch this
- Before you make an excuse, watch this
- If you want to become a millionaire watch this
- Every parent should watch this
Minimum 3 minutes in video length, shoot for 3-8 mins
Did you ever struggle in school? I learned early on that I needed good grades, but when I was in school I stuttered. I always felt inadequate.
As I got older I found out that stuttering doesn’t indicate your potential!
The truth is… successful people think outside of the box.
If you failed in school you might be more qualified to be a millionaire than you thought!
You were taught to sit still but not when to speak up against bullying…
Don’t sell the system – sell the results!
Empathize with your customer. When you try to sell to them, their NO really means “Please don’t give up on me yet! I just don’t know enough to make a decision!”
Example: If you feel like you are meant to do greater things than your current 9-5 job, well I felt the same way. 5 years ago I ended up in a dead end job that was crush gin my spirit, but then I found that starting my own side hustle gave me an avenue to become excited again!
Fee, Cost, Price! ONLY use Invest or Investment
- Hope for gain
- Fear of loss
Example: You are going to want to invest because you will love the results.
Positive presuppositions: Just by watching this video I know you are an action taker looking for more out of life. Maybe you’ve done well but are ready to do even better, etc
Confirmation sets: 2 obvious and 1 future set
- You are here and ready to learn real estate
- You know that having the best knowledge will give you the best chance of success
- You are ready today to invest in starting your own real estate business
Discover how to drive a golf ball 300 yards. Even if you have never played golf.
If you have paid for expensive golf lessons or golf clubs and nothing has really worked…
We accidentally discovered (the solution)
Facebook ads that convert!
Problem / Solution: Summer is coming and when you are invited to go to the beach what will you say? Get in bikini shape in no time with XYZ workout routine.
- The HOOK
$5 CPM average on Facebook
Ask 1,000 people per day to buy your stuff:
Example: Billy ran an ad with 27 million views, 20,000 customers, and $2,000,000 in revenue on a cost of $135,000
That means 99.92% of people said NO! But he made $2 million dollars!
Boring ads will put you out of business in 2019.
Find or create a villain: Like Mac vs. PC
- Piss them off – Is there anything more frustrating than…
- Eliminate guilt – It’s not your fault…
- Give them the solution – (your product or service)
- Easy and URGENT call to action – Click the button and I’ll send you…
- Make it better than buttcheeks – (because that’s what people are looking at on instagram)
- Music – music creates emotion, start low then go high
- Dope Footage