Q&A: I’m getting traffic to my shopify store but no sales or conversions, what can I do?
Q: I have created a shopify store and am running Facebook ads. Problem is, with over a couple hundred visitors, it hasn’t resulted in any sales yet. What do you guys do to get that conversion?
Well this is a normal problem. So don’t worry. You have solved half the problem which is how to get traffic (I’m assuming it’s quality traffic and targeted to who wants your product).
The other half of the problem is convincing people to buy from YOU. TODAY.
The average sales conversion rate on Shopify is only 1-2%! That is so low!
Here’s what I find works for conversions
- Multiple great pictures of the product and strong copy on the page
- Pricing that seems like a deal ($50 on sale for $25 even tho $25 is actually your real price)
- Combining above with a limited time sale (that then repeats) to create urgency
- Strong reviews and testimonials
- Upsells or add ons when adding to cart or in checkout
- Focusing on the benefits of your product and not just the features. How is someone’s life better by having your product. Make the description emotional
- Seamless checkout. You lose about 33% of Sales with every checkout step
I know that’s a quick overview, and this question has come up so many times that I actually made a course about it which you can find here: